This cheat’s ice cream is deliciously smooth and creamy but takes a mere 15 mins to make and doesn’t need churning. Ripple with your favourite squash and impress everyone, whether it’s in a kid friendly cone or served as a grown up dessert.
- 6 tbsp Rocks Squash (your choice of flavour)
- 6 eggs
- 190g caster sugar
- 450ml double cream
- ½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- Put the squash in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5-6 mins until thickened and syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into two different bowls. Whisk the whites to firm peaks and gradually add the sugar until smooth and glossy. Beat the egg yolks until light and foamy.
- In a 3rd, larger bowl, whip the cream with the vanilla seeds to firm peaks. Gently spoon the yolks and whites into the cream and fold until everything is combined.
- Put 4 or 5 spoonfuls of the mixture into a bowl and combine well with the squash. Pour half the ice cream into a freezer container, with a lid, then drizzle over half of the squash mixture, swirl it through to create ripples. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and squash. Put the lid on and freeze until solid, approximately 6 hrs.