Recipe by Waitrose
This Greek-style hot salad of fresh peaches and salty halloumi cheese with a spicy dressing makes a perfect light lunch.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes 20 minutes
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
- 250g pack Cypressa Halloumi Cheese
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 red or white chicory, quartered lengthways
- 1 pack salad onions, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2cm lengths
- For the chilli dressing
- 1 cherry bomb chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, or a standard red chilli
- 20g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Make the chilli dressing by mixing the chilli, coriander, rice vinegar and honey in a small jug.
- Cut each peach half into 5 wedges. Pat the cheese dry on kitchen paper, then cut into thin slices using a small sharp knife.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the cheese for 30 seconds on each side until lightly coloured. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the chicory and salad onions and fry quickly over a high heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes, until beginning to colour. Spoon onto some kitchen paper and keep warm. Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the peach wedges, then fry for 1 minute on each side until slightly softened.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a warm salad bowl. Pour the chilli dressing over and serve with a seeded bread such as Waitrose Pan Gallego.
The dressing will keep for several days in the fridge. Add the coriander just before serving to keep its fresh green colour. Substitute the peaches with nectarines, mango or halved grapes, if you prefer. Chop chillies by either holding by the stalk only, or with disposable gloves on, to prevent the fiery oil coming into contact with your skin.
For more fab summery recipes, please visit www.waitrose.com.